Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More about the week at the lake house

The big news is that Lily learned to play backgammon and cribbage!!!!! Yea! No more Monopoly for me.
I read, The Sparrow, a book recommended by my sister. Many reviewers say it's science fiction but it's really about the nature of good and evil. It's about doing the right thing for the right reasons and causing catastrophic harm. It was a good choice. The author is Mary Doria Russell.
I didn't water ski. The water was cold and I was lazy. I'm sorry I didn't make myself go. I remember being at the houseboat and waterskiing as many times as my dad would take me. Lily was like that with knee boarding. She couldn't get enough. It's a "passing of the baton" moment, I suppose.
We had several bear sightings, including the mama bear I got the picture of and 2 of her 3 cubs. Needless to say, I didn't venture out on any solitary walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment