Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tough boys, nice barns and dead goats walking

Football is big here in Lynden. Our high school won state last year so these 8th graders have a lot to look forward to next year. As you can see, "they grow 'em big here".

Final score - 32 -13. Of course, winning the game isn't everything - but it does make it more fun.

There's always some mom who ruins it for the rest of us by washing and, in this case, even bleaching her son's jersy. Many times I have asked Joe to bring his jersy home, but to no avail. Now I've decided to watch and see how dirty it can get.
Like I said, they grow big boys in this town. Maybe it's the milk.

Joe isn't happy about my camera but he bit his tongue. He's a good kid.

Lately, I've been admiring barns. They're both beautiful and functional. I drive by these masterpieces every day, sometimes several times a day depending on the kid's schedule.
I'm grateful to have something to see that's so pleasing on these 5 mile jaunts to and from town.

This a a shot from my patio. It was raining just a few minutes before I took this picture, then the sun broke through the clouds and highlighted this barn.
I've been here 5 years and this is a first for me. There's quite a few of these guys in front of this farm - maybe a dozen or so. Every day when I drive by I look to see if the numbers are diminishing. So far, it looks like the goats have gotten a reprieve or maybe nobody around here cares for goat. It's hard to tell.

Baa Baa ~ in your language - Bye Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment