Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter at our house

Easter was wonderful. Once again, I was blessed to have lots of family and friends to our house to celebrate this holy day. Since there were about 40 of us, I was busy and therefore didn't take pictures. (That's my excuse, anyway.) This is unfortunate because Max, Lucy & Harvey looked especially great in their Easter attire.(As we all did, I should add.) I did have the foresight, however, to send Lily to the barn to take some shots of Safety Man, Joe and our dear friend Kevin doing their Jiu Jitsu thing. I know these aren't your typical Easter pictures but this is what I have to show for our Sunday gathering.
Kevin is my friend, Mo's son. They moved to Bellevue a few months ago from the sunny southern California suburbs. I love to have such a good friend so close and am especially happy that she and her family joined the crowd. Kevin is a fan of grappling, like JT and Joe.
Here is Kevin and Joe. I'm not sure what's happening in this picture but I think they're having fun. ????? From my novice perspective, it looks like Kevin has Joe in an arm bar and Joe is about to tap out. But, I don't really know.
Most of you will have pictures of your sweet little ones in their Sunday best carrying their Easter baskets filled with beautifully colored eggs and maybe a spring flower or two. Or maybe a picture of an elaborate table carefully set with your finest china and a big beautiful ham in the background, surrounded my your family and friends in their new pastel dresses and perhaps a bow or two somewhere......Not me. Boys wrestling in our barn while gritting their teeth and grimacing from tapping out of a choke hold are ..... normal for me now. Happy Easter one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment