Friday, January 6, 2012

Maximilian David Jones


I drove my nephew's son, Max, who is the oldest of the nine cousins, to our house after Kindergarten recently. Here's a snipet of our conversation:

Me: What was the best part of your day, Max?
Max: It was music class. We acted out Peter and the Wolf. I was the wolf. My best friend, Justin was the duck. The wolf eats the duck. (Pause) I told Justin that I'd be the duck next time, so we both get eaten. I like Justin but he stares a lot with his mouth half open.....like my dad.
Me: Your dad stares with his mouth half open?
Max: Yea. He does. (Nodding his head enthusiastically) I say - Daaaad! You're doing it again! You're staring with your mouth half open. My dad says he's thinking when he does that. I believe him. I believe everything my dad says.
Me: As you should, Max. As you should.
Special note: Max's mom & dad have 3 kids who are 5 (Max), 4 (Lucy) and almost 3 (Harvey). I'd be staring with my mouth half open, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment