Monday, March 16, 2009

Lent update

I took the kids to Disneyland last weekend so I had to drive in LA. I know that I promised to be good to my fellow man and treat him kindly but understand this is LA.

I just got into town and was on my way from the airport to visit a good friend of mine in Costa Mesa when a man in a big 'ol pick up truck sped passed me, driving like a crazy man almost smashing into my front bumper. It was very close and very scary. As luck would have it, I pulled up beside the guy at the next light! ... and ....called him an idiot. That's right. I rolled down the passenger side window, where my son was sitting, and calmly told him he almost killed me and my kids and I thought he was a big, fat idiot. He responded by mouthing these words, "Shut the f... up - you B...."
That was a nice little banter between two adults in front of my hopelessly embarrassed kids.
I know I should have taken a deep breath, let it go and not risk a potential road rage incident. I know I should have been better. I know I was wrong. I also know I should have given up wine again this year instead of trying to be good.

3 comments:

  1. Children have to learn to function on the highways of America. Simply good parenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! me and katie are dying right now picturing this scenario. we love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my family. They're so sensible and understanding.

    ReplyDelete