Thursday, February 5, 2009

At the end of my run.


I took this picture at the end of my run yesterday. This is a glimpse of the sunset over the San Juan's.
While I was watching the gorgeous sun set over Puget Sound, I was listening to Jackson Browne sing, "The Pretender" on my ipod. I loved JB back in my high school glory days. I thought he was the hottest thing ever. There's a line in this song that goes something like this, "I'm gonna find myself a girl, who can show me what laughter means and we'll fill in the missing colors of each others paint my number dreams." I know it sounds corny now, but when I was 16, I thought it was the most beautifully written lyric I'd ever heard . I wanted to be his girl. It wasn't until many years later, when I read that JB was accused of beating up his girlfriend, poor Daryl Hannah, that I was grateful to have dodged that bullet.
Please note this -I use the word "run" when describing my daily exercise instead of the much more accurate word "jog" like others use the word "nanny" instead of "babysitter". It sounds better.

No comments:

Post a Comment